in the Year :
Duration of Journey :
7 Nights and 8 Days
Mumbai - Ratnagiri - Sindhu Durg -
Goa - Kolhapur Pune - Daulatabad /Aurangabad (Ajanta & Ellora
Caves) - Nasik - Mumbai.
If Darjeeling, Shimla, Nilgiri hill stations are known for their toy train
and Rajasthan boasts of the royal 'Palace on Wheels', then
Maharashtra also echoes with the Deccan Odyssey. Equipped with all the
luxurious and modern comforts, the Deccan Odyssey is much more than just a
luxury train- cruise. An elegantly decorated train, the Deccan Odyssey takes
you on an unforgettable journey of a land bestowed with legions'
grandeur, picturesque beaches, imposing forts and palaces and colossal
Deccan Odyssey has been scheduled in such a manner that the train travels
only at night so that you can relax in the comfortable arrangements made by
the Deccan Odyssey management. Besides, the breakfast and dinner is served
to you on board whereas the lunch is served at the destination you will
visit during the daytime.
In fact, Deccan Odyssey is a 'classical odyssey' of time beyond
the realms of the today's world. So, don't wait, plan your next
trip to India's commercial capital, Mumbai and board the Deccan Odyssey
train at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus to experience one of the finest train
journeys of the world.
A latest addition on the luxury trains in India, Deccan Odyssey is a
combined venture of Indian Railways and Maharashtra Tourism Development
Corporation (MTDC). Indian Railways and MTDC have collaborated with the
renowned Taj Group of Hotels to provide services of five star hotel on a
train to guests. Deccan Odyssey train has 21 coaches that include 11
Passenger cars with 4 coups each, 2 Presidential Suite Cars with 2 coupes
each car. The train also has two restaurant cars, a lounge/bar, a Spa car
and a conference car which can be redesigned as dance floor in the night. In
addition to these, the train has generator cars with luggage store and staff
car or spare car.
On Board Amenities
- Deccan Odyssey has 13 fully air conditioned deluxe saloons with
attached toilets, running hot and cold water, shower, wall-to-wall
carpeting and other luxurious amenities.
- The train has two lavish and beautifully decorated restaurants which
serve you delectable Indian cuisines.
- An exotic array of dishes are available on the Deccan Odyssey and
mineral water is made available to you throughout your journey.
- You will be provided an arrival kit consisting of stationery items,
cards, brochures etc.
- An attendant will be always available at your service to take care of
all your travel requirements.
- All essential toiletries like soaps, shampoos, moisturisers, creams
etc will be provided to you in the train.
- You can shop traditional Maharashtrain items, handicrafts and other
special items on board.
- The train has a lounge where you can relax, interact with others and
also make some good friends
Charges (Per person per night)
- Conference Room with a capacity of 50 people, facility for satellite
communication, Internet, computer, printer, fax facility and telephone.
- Library, Medical Aid, Mail Box, Business Centre, Bar, Fully loaded
mini-pantry in each coach, News papers / Magazines, Money
Exchange/Credit cards facility, Safety & Security arrangements.
- Ayurvedic Massage Centre, Steam Bath, Gymnasium and Beauty Parlour.
- Special Suite for Physically challenged people, special assistance
is available in the form of wheel chairs and a special attendant for
- Telephone in each Saloon.
- Television in each coach.
- Plasma TV in lounge Car.
- Channel Music, PA System / Six Channel Music System.
- Travel Charges (Per person per night)
||Peak Seson October to March (US $)
||Lean Season September to April (US $)
|Triple occupancy 700 550
|Tariff for Additional Occupancy in
Accommodation in private air-conditioned cabin with attach baths, 3 meals
every day, excursion and sightseeing costs with English speaking guides,
mineral water, entry fee at monuments, backwater cruise on Konkan coast.
Laundry, Video Camera fee at forts and monuments, Hard and soft drinks,
Gratuity and tips, Porterage and travel insurance.
- Half fare for children between 5 years and 12 years. Children below 5
yrs are free. Above mentioned travel charges will be valid till
- 10 % Holiday Surcharge Extra for Christmas/ New Year Eve Departs.
- Special discounted rater in the month of April, due to hot and humid
- The operation of train remains suspended in September due to heavy
rain on Konkan coast.
- Booking are available in various options such as - Part 3 Night
Journey (Mumbia - Goa), Part 4 Journey (Goa - Mumbai), Full 7 Night
Journey (From Mumbai to Mumbai).
Deccan Odyssey Tour
Highlights : An ever lasting experience
through Ratnagari, Sindhu Nagari, Goa, Pune , Aurangabad, Ellora and
Nasik. Glide through the regions in this luxury train.