Shimla India Fast Facts
Where is Shimla :
Best Time To Visit :
March-June and September-November
Shimla Weather :
Summers are mild with temperatures in the range of 15-28 degrees. Winters are very cold and temperatures may fall below 0 degrees. In December-January, Shimla also experiences snowfall.
Shimla Attractions :
Mall Road, Chadwick Falls
Trip To Shimla � Exploring Nature
A perfect gift of nature and an awesome summer retreat destination, Shimla is surely the most popular hilly place to visit in India. The picturesque location, with mighty Himalayan peaks in the backdrop, with lush green valleys, cool weather and some of country's most popular travel attractions. Tourists in great numbers visit Shimla all throughout the year to enjoy some relaxing time with family and friends. Lets have a look at what all Shimla tourism has to offer to everyone.
What To See In Shimla
Spending summer vacations in Shimla is like one joy ride that everyone loves. The natural beauty and the various travel attractions of the city are simply awesome. Here are few of the top places that you can see during your trip.
Jakhoo Hills : The Highest Point In Shimla
1. Jakhoo hills offer a great panoramic view of Shimla town.
2. The Jakhoo peak is the highest in Shimla.
3. There is also an attractive small temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman.
Chadwick Falls : Refresh Yourself
1. Chadwick is a 67 meter waterfall cascading into a deep gorge.
2. Best views of the falls are available after monsoons when it is full of water.
3. The falls are surrounded by thick forests adding more charm to it.
Taradevi Temple : Seek The Sacred Blessings
1. The temple of Taradevi in picturesque location is widely visited by tourists.
2. The deity worshiped is Tara Devi who is a Hindu version of the Tibetan Goddess Drolma.
Sankat Mochan : The Famous Hanuman Temple
1. Sankat Mochan is the place on the outskirts of Shimla.
2. This temple is dedicated to Lord Hanuman.
3. A splendid view of entire Shimla town is available from the place.
Himachal State Museum :
1. Himachal State Museum is located in a beautiful building regarded as a great piece of colonial architecture.
2. The museum has a wide collection of statues, miniatures, coins, photos and other items from around Himachal Pradesh.
A visit to the museum gives a good idea of the history and culture of Himachal Pradesh.
The Mall Road: The Shopping Hub
1. This is the main shopping center of the Shimla city.
2. From cinema halls, to fancy restaurants and the shops selling different things are all here.
3. An excellent view of the nearby mountain ranges are also available from the Mall road.
Place To See Near Shimla � Tour Guide
Naldhera : Enjoy A Golf Game
1. Naldhera located 23 km from Shimla has the oldest and the highest golf course in India.
2. Other than avid golfers, tourists also love to try their luck in the course.
3. The place does not let down the religious minded tourists either.
4. They can worship at the ancient Nag temple of the place.
Tattapani : Enjoy A Dip In Hot Water
1. Tattapani is a place famous for hot water springs.
2. What is more interesting is the fact that the spring waters have high sulphur content.
3. Bathing is a favourite pastime of tourists coming to the place.
4. The place is located at a distance of 65 km from Shimla .
Kufri : Enjoy A Skiing Trip
1. Located at an altitude of 2510 meters, Kufri is a popular destination for skiing and hiking.
2. Tourists come in large numbers to the place in winters to participate in a winter sports festival held at the place.
What To Do In Shimla
For this you do not have to think much as there is so much to try out and do in this city that your time will fly away with wings. If you are more into adventure then ice skating is your things or else go on a shopping spree choice is yours.
Ice Skating in Shimla
1. A popular winter sport, Ice Skating in Shimla usually starts in early December and continues till late February.
2. During these months two skating sessions are organized per day, in the morning hours and in the evening.
3. In Shimla, the ice-skating club has a huge rink with an open area covered with naturally frozen ice.
4. For this skating rink, memberships are available for the whole season as well as for shorter duration and you can even gain membership for a single session.
5. Skates are also available at the rink, so you don't need to carry the skating gears on your own.
Shopping in Shimla
Shimla is a good place to buy woolen products. The woolens of Shimla like sweaters, jackets, shawls and caps are in great demand among tourists. The markets are also full of well designed Tibetan carpets.
How To Reach Shimla
Shimla airport is located on the outskirts of the city at a distance of 12 km. Both Indian Airlines and private carriers operate regular flights to Shimla from many national destinations including Delhi.
The narrow gauge line in Shimla is considered one of India's greatest engineering feats. Kalka railway station connects Shimla with the rest of India.
Delhi To Shimla :
Shimla has its own airport and is connected to Delhi airport by regular flights. Kingfisher operates daily flights to Delhi and the fare is quite cheap and affordable.
Kalka To Shimla:
The best way to reach from Delhi to Shimla by train is to travel by Toy train from Kalka. The distance of 96 KM between Shimla and Kalka passes through 102 tunnels and 87 bridges.
Regular deluxe bus services are available to Shimla from national capital Delhi and many other destinations of northern India.
Where To Stay In Shimla
Accommodation is not a problem in Shimla. You can choose your stay according to your budget. From luxury to budget resorts all are available here. Few of them are:
1. Shilon Resort
2. Cecil Oberoi
4. Asia The Dawn
Shimla Vacations Tour Packages
Highlights : Golden Temple,
McLeod Ganj, Tibetan library, Himalaya, Andretta Village, Tibetan
Monasteries, Mundi, The Mall, Christ Church, Scandal Corner, Viceregal
Lodge, Sikandra, Itimad-ud-Daulah, Taj Mahal.