Mt Abu Rajasthan
Fast Facts About Mount Abu Rajasthan
South West of Rajasthan
185 km, North West of Udaipur
Dilwara Jain Temples, Gaumukh Temple, Nakki Lake
Best Time To Visit :
March to May and September to December
Weather of Mount Abu :
Summers are too hot and the temperature is also high. Winters can be very much chilling.
Mount Abu Tourism
A beautiful hill station in middle of a desert, welcome to the land of serenity and tranquility this is Mount Abu in Rajasthan for you. The pleasant climate, the cool surrounding, lush green valleys all in together make this place a true heaven for the holiday makers. Along with its cool hilly terrain there are many pilgrimage destinations to see in here. Lets have a look at them.
Enjoy Mount Abu Sightseeing - A Trip To Mount Abu Tourist Places
The cool climate and rich flora makes Mt Abu one of the most coveted summer retreats in the royal land of Rajasthan. This hill station is one of its kind in the state. There are many places to see around, in Mt Abu. The most visited places are ancient temples and shrines. Few of them are as follows:
Dilwara Temples Mount Abu - The Famous Jain Retreat
Gaumukh Temple : Experience The Mystic Aura
- The most visited Jain temples of Rajasthan, Dilwara temples in Mount Abu are a brilliant example of ancient architectural designs.
- Built in between 11th to 13th AD, these temples are dedicated to Jain Tirthankaras.
- The oldest shrine among all are the Vimal Vasahi temple.
- Built in 1031 AD, this particular temple is dedicated to the first Jain Tirthankara.
- Most of the carvings and the intricate designing of the temples are done with ivory.
- Among other attractions one must see is the Lun Vasahi Temple, dedicated to the 22nd Tirthankara.
Nakki Lake : Enjoy A Boat Ride
- Located at a very serene location, Gaumukh temple is an ideal destination for some spiritual meditation.
- The shrine is dedicated to Saint Vashishth who performed a yagna here.
- The famous Agni kund here have some legends associated with it.
Sunset Point : Enjoy The Sunset
- Nakki is a small lake with small islets that can be reached by a boat.
- The location of the lake, the rich surroundings and amazing landscape views is a regular crowd puller.
- Ragunath Temple, a popular one in the district, lies nearby the lake.
- Some people, Hindu devotes, take it as a sacred lake, as a reference has been made about it in the popular legends.
Museum And Art Gallery :
- Enjoy a spectacular view of sunset as the name itself suggests.
- The place lies amidst lush surroundings and forms a great place for an excursion.
How To Reach Mt Abu Rajasthan
- The Museum and Art Gallery features a great collection of artifacts belonging to the period when the ancient temples were built here.
- The museums is housed in the Raj Bhawan building, at Mt Abu.
: The nearest airport to Mt Abu is the one at Udaipur. It is about 185 km far from the place. There are regular and connecting flights that serve to connect Udaipur with the rest of the country.
: By train one can avail the services from Abu Road, which is some 25 kms away from the place. The train services connects Mt Abu with many cities and towns of Rajasthan and beyond Rajasthan.
: The road network that hooks up the place with the adjacent cities and towns is quite good. Long distance bus services are available. Important stations from which buses are available are Ahmedabad and Jodhpur.
Where To Stay In Mount Abu
- Hotel Hillock, Palace Hotel, Hotel Hilltone, Cama Rajputana Club Resort.
Mid Range Hotels
- Hotel Sunset, Hotel Madhubhan, Hotel Lake Palace, Hotel Sheraton.
- Hotel Aravali, Hotel Chanakya, Hotel Sunset Inn.
Mt Abu Tour Packages
Features : The heritage tour
gives you a nice time at the only hill station of Rajasthan, Mt Abu. You
will get to see the famous Jain Temples at Mt Abu. It is quite an
extensive tour and incorporates many destinations of Rajasthan and
beyond Rajasthan. The place to be visited are Delhi, Mandawa, Bikaner,
Pokharan, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Mount Abu, Ranakpur, Udaipur, Chittorgarh,
Pushkar, Ajmer, Jaipur, Ranthambore, Sawai Madhopur, Fatehpur Sikri,
Agra, Gwalior, Orcha, Khajuraho, Varanasi.