TDehradun India Fast Facts
Where is Dehradun City :
Best Time To Visit :
October to April
Travel Attractions :
Tapowan, Tapkeshawar Temple, Chandrabani, Indian Military Academy etc.
Dehradun Weather :
Summers (March to June) have a maximum temperature of 35 °C. Monsoons (July to September) offer mild to medium rainfall.
Winters (December to February) have a maximum of 22 °C and a minimum of about 3 °C. Snowfalls are common feature during this season.
Enjoying Dehradun Travel
The capital city of newly constructed state 'Uttarakhand' is one of the most famous summer retreats for the travelers in India. Set amidst the beautiful backdrop of Himalayan mountains, this city is a true paradise for peace lovers. The city offers everything according to your choice. Visit the beautiful hill station of Dehradun this vacation to surrender yourself completely to nature and to enjoy a holiday of lifetime.
Exploring Different Aspects of Dehradun Tourism
What To See In Dehradun
1. Tapowan is located 5 km away from the city bus stand on the Dehradun - Rajpur Road.
2. Set amidst the beautiful natural surroundings, this place is linked to Guru Dronacharya.
Tapkeshawar Shiv Temple :
1. Situated in the Garhi Cantt. area, Tapkeshawar Temple is an ancient place of worship.
2. Just 5.5. km away from city bus stand, the temple is easily accessible by road.
3. Large number of people visit the temple during the occasion of Shivratri.
1. Chadrabani Temple (Gautam Kund) is situated at a distance of 7 km on the Dehradun - Delhi road.
2. According to old legends this place was inhabited by Maharishi Gautam, his wife and daughter who are even today worshiped by the people.
3. Every year thousands of devotees visit this temple to take a holy dip in the Kund.
Forest Research Institute :
1. Forest Research Institute is located 7 km away from Clock Tower.
2. Established in the year 1906, the Forest Research Institute is one of the oldest institute.
3. Situated in a lush green estate of over 450 hactres, the Institute houses a Botanical Museum for the tourists.
Indian Military Academy :
1. Indian Military Academy is situated at a distance of 8 km from the city center.
2. Main tourist attractions include War Memorial, Museum, Library. Shooting Demonstration Room, 18 holes Golf Course and Arms and ammunition.
Sai Darbar Temple Dehradun :
1. Sai Darbar Temple is located 8 km away from the town.
2. Sai Darbar attracts large number of tourists from India and the world as well.
Tibetan Temple (Buddha Temple) :
1. Just adjacent to the Sai Darbar Temple is the Tibetan Temple.
2. Dedicated to Lord Buddha this temple is also visited by tourists and locals in large number.
Robber's Cave (Guchhupani) :
1. Located 8 km from the bus terminal, the Robber's Cave is a perfect picnic spot.
2. To visit this place you have to take local bus up to Anarwala village, from where a trek of 1 km will take you to this spot.
Malsi Deer Park :
1. Just 10 km away from Dehradun, Malsi Deer Park is a beautifully developed mini-zoological park.
2. Set at the foothills of the Shivalik range, Malsi Deer Park also has a children's park.
Laxman Siddh :
1. Laxman Siddh is a popular temple which lies 12 km away from Dehradun.
2. According to a legend a sage underwent penance over the temple site.
3. Large number of people visit this temple, especially on Sundays.
Tourist Attractions around Dehradun City
Lachhiwala lies at a distance of 22 km from Dehradun on the Haridwar - Rishikesh road and is a popular place for picnic.
Asan Barrage Water Sports Resort :
Popularly known as Dhalipur Lake, this resort is situated on Chandigarh - Shimla highway. Here you can enjoy water sports like water skiing, rowing, kayaking, boating, conoeing etc.
Rajaji National Park :
Situated in the lush green valley of Shivalik ranges, the park houses a variety of floral and fauna species including 23 species of mammals and 315 bird species.
Mussoorie offers a breathtaking view of the Himalayan snow capped peaks and lush Doon Valley.
Haridwar is the gateway to Chardham. Situated at a distance of 45 km from Dehradun, the town houses the major attractions like the Har ki Pauri ghats, Mansa Devi Temple, Daksha Mahadev Temple and Bharat Mata Temple.
For adventure enthusiasts Rishikesh offers adventure options like trekking and rafting. Major tourist highlights of Rishikesh include the Triveni Ghat, Laxman Jhoola, Raghunath Temple, Ashrams and Yoga Centers.
How to Reach Dehradun City
By Air :
Dehradun has its own domestic airport, Jolly Grant Airport which is 25 km away from the city center. Flights are available to and from Delhi airport, which is the nearest international airport.
By Train :
Dehradun railway station in the main railhead which has trains from Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata. A number of important trains also connect Dehradun with Varanasi, Lucknow and Mussoorie.
By Bus :
Regular buses ply to Dehradun from Delhi and other important cities of Uttaranchal. Distances of few major cities from Dehradun are Delhi (235 km), Agra (381 km), Jaipur (493 km) and Lucknow (582 km).
Where To Stay In Dehradun
Choose your accommodation according to your budget. If your pocket allows stay at luxury resorts and if not then budget resorts are best for you. Some of the famous hotels of Dehradun include
1. Best Western Hotel Madhuban (4 Star)
2. Hotel Great Value (3 Star)
3. Hotel MJ Residency (3 Star)
4. Hotel Aketa (3 Star)
5. Hotel President (2 Star)
6. Hotel Relax (2 Star).
For more info you can any time refer to Dehradun tourist map.